3 days until Christmas! We’re at the pointy end now! Mario and I managed to knock out the last few presents we wanted to buy today, so I’m feeling pretty on top of things – how about you?
Today’s project is, without a doubt, my favourite Christmas project I’ve done. I’ve been working on it for a few weeks now, and it feels wonderful to be finished!
On the 9th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me….
A Merry & Bright Christmas Marquee Sign
- Chipboard letters (I used large and small ones from Bunnings)
- Large frame
- Spray paint
- Gold paint
- Wood glue
- Small battery operated LED lights
- Glitter glue
- Arrange your letters in your frame to decide on a layout you like. Mark the large letters where you plan to drill the holes for your lights.
- Using a drill bit that is slightly wider than the width of your LED lights, drill the holes.
- Spray paint your letters.
- Paint or decorate the cardboard backing as you desire.
- Glue the letters to the cardboard in the arrangement you decided on.
- Using a skewer or other pointy object, make holes through the cardboard to correspond to the holes in the letters.
- Place the LED lights through the holes from behind, and tape in place. Tape the battery packs to the back of the cardboard.
- Use the glitter glue to give your letters some flair. Flair is very important you know!