So, we are in the middle of a heat wave. If you live in Melbourne, chances are you know about it, because everyone talks about it constantly, as though it’s some sort of groundbreaking news. Oh, yeah, and because we’ve been sweltering in 40+ degrees heat since Monday now. That’s over 110 degrees Fahrenheit for you imperial folk. Yuck.
Oh man, you know what I just realised? Now I’m doing it. I’m being one of those people who is talking about the heat as though talking about it makes it better and not more annoying and in reality it just makes you want to bash your head against something (like ice) over and over and over again until you’re unconscious and you can’t hear about everyone talking about how damn hot it is which just makes you even more hot and bothered and … SHUT UP ME. SHUT UP.
Long story short? Heat makes me grumpy. Do you know what cures heat AND grumpy? Margaritas! Especially ones in our pretty Mexican glasses that we found at a market last month. Yay! Now I’m going to make some. Bye!
Delicious Margarita Magic
- 200 ml of good quality Tequila
- 100 ml Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 100 ml lime juice, plus extra
- 5 cups ice
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to line glass rim
- Add the tequila, cointreau, lime juice and ice to your blender. Pulverise it.
- Taste and add sugar if you like your margaritas sweet.
- On a plate, pour a small amount of lime juice, and place the rim of the glass upside down on the plate to cover it. Alternatively, rub half a lime around the edge of the glass.
- Pour some salt on another plate and turn the glass upside down again to coat. The salt should stick to the lime juice.
- Pour drinks and enjoy!