Hello everyone, happy Monday! I realise that it is Monday, and not last Friday, when I should have done this post, so my apologies! Life kind of intervened in my week of blogging last week!
Today I bring you a new creation, Very Cherry Slice. It’s a super easy, no-bake slice that will impress all your friends and relatives! Promise! Plus, with its classic Arnott’s Marie Biscuits and Cadbury Cherry Ripes, it’s a bit of an Aussie classic! I was inspired by the recipe for Terri’s Cherry Ripe Slice over at Taste.com.
Very Cherry Slice
Prep time: 15 minutes; Serves 10-20.
- 200g Cherry Ripe Bars (about 4 bars), roughly chopped
- 1 packet Marie Biscuits (or “Rich tea” biscuits) (250 g), finely crushed
- 1 small tin of condensed milk (395g)
- 125g melted butter
- 2 tbs cherry jam
- 220g chocolate, melted (milk or dark)
- Line a clean slice tray or oven dish with baking paper.
- Place Cherry Ripe bars, crushed Marie Biscuits, condensed milk, melted butter and cherry jam in a large bowl and combine well.
- Press mixture firmly in to tray and flatten.
- Melt chocolate at 30 second intervals. Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil if necessary to make chocolate flow.
- Pour melted chocolate over slice base, and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until chocolate has set.
If you love the cherry ripe flavour, feel free to add some desiccated coconut to the slice base, and use the classic dark chocolate for the top. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (I’m eating some now, in fact)!
Love Tam xxx
Enjoy some more recipes on I can do that!: