This tart (I usually make it with peaches and raspberries, or mangoes and raspberries) is my absolute favourite go-to dessert recipe for when I have nothing in the pantry, no time, or no inspiration. It is so quick and easy, and I almost always have the ingredients at home. It takes an hour to cook, but you can easily whip it up and go and get ready while it’s in the oven. But the biggest point in it’s favour is that it’s a sweet, light and delicious dessert and always goes down a treat. Enjoy!
Summer Fruits Tart
Prep and cooking time: 1 hour, 15 mins; Serves 10.
- 125g of butter, softened
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 400g peach slices, drained OR 400g sliced mangoes (tinned or fresh)
- 150g frozen raspberries
- Icing sugar for presentation
- Preheat over to 160c. Grease and line a 20cm flan tin with a removable base.
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Fold in flour and spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Top with thinly sliced peaches or mangoes (approx 1 cm), then sprinkle frozen raspberries over the top.
- Bake for one hour, or until the tart is cooked in the centre when tested with a skewer.
- Remove from tin and serve warm with cream or ice cream (if desired). Shake a thin layer of icing sugar over the tart for presentation.
- Tart can be made in advance and reheated (do not put icing sugar on until tart is ready to be served).
I always have fruit left over when I made this tart, so you can either serve the fruit alongside, or (as I do) eat it as a reward for all your hard cooking work!
Love Tam xx
Check out the rest of my Birthday Recipe Week posts: